Girls just wanna have fun

I wanted to create a look with these white sneakers, I bought them specifically for my light tights and summer/spring because black shoes look stupid with light tights, mostly.
I even threw in an Elvis pose for good measure!
jacket, shirt, tights, shoes: h&m
skirt: pimkie

This is the first time in AGES that I’ve dressed in a style one might firmly describe as “eightties”. I have no qualms about the eightties, they just don’t seem very “me”. This outfit isn’t very “me” either, a bit too much going on and a bit too… youthful? I don’t know. I absolutely LOVE the look though, for someone else, so I hope I inspire someone! I might wear this look again with a simpler skirt or simpler tights, but those two together just are too much for me.
So this is the debut of my gorgeous denim jacket!!! I am absolutely in love with it, it just looks so…. right! Cute and a great way to finish an outfit. The shoes are some allstar knock-offs I bought at h&m for like 10 euros. They also have them in lilac and peach, maybe I’ll go back. Continuing the pastel-trip, here.

bit of eightties music for you guys, my boyfriend told me I reminded him of this song when we were getting to know each other because I always look sad when I have a "neutral" facial expression. Sweet huh :-D Just thank me I didn't rickroll y'all!

16 comments

  1. Cool Aussie song!! :D

    Great jacket Annebeth, I love it! I also have sneakers like those for summer. I dont think the two florals work well either, I would prefer the skirt without the tights I think. But I do love the tights too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah, cool Elvis pose! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never said they didn't work! :D it's just a bit much for me personally because I prefer quite simple outfits :D

    thanks I guess haha :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ops, you know what I mean right! :) I am a fan you know!!! :D ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the double floral!!!! especially with the denim jacket. you are adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i think she knows :P haha such a cool video, didn't know them yet! You remind me of the girl in the video too, but maybe the kitchen stuff got something to do with it.. I always picture you as a kitchen princess! And by the way my potential-boyfriend-material also is a kitchen princess. He sang eurodance songs that played on the radio, put on a sad face when I did it all wrong, and sometimes even danced a little. Is that allright? :( :D

    and i dno, i just lke you in this outfit. Remind me of the fun, lolitalike teenage school friend I never had, does that make any sense :P my highschool girlfriends were all hot for you know, branded jeans, bags, tight tanktops and classic sweaters :( i have to admit i looked like them back then, with some kind of rockchick touch to it

    taah-taah

    ReplyDelete
  7. great to hear your boyfriend in spe can cook because you can't even cut an apple, haha :D

    thanks everyone! and yes I know kim :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, I had never thought of mixing two different floral patterns, but it looks amazing! you are a style pioneer in a way now :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. haha rickroll! i cant count the amount of times my so-called friends have rickrolled me!! just like double denim..you think it wont work, but it so does. i love the two floral prints and even though its not something you usually wear i actually think it suits you, you can rock anything!

    ReplyDelete
  10. rickrolling is hilarious though! :D thanks so much girls, you are the sweetest :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Okay... okay.. I give up! The double florals do sort of work.... ;) :D x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cute use of florals, and I love the Elvis pose!! I've fallen for the rickrolling so many times, it would have been a shame if it happened again :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I absolutely lovvvve the florals in your outfit! Those tights are so awesome :]

    And your shoes add the perfect casual touches!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This look is fun and totally me! So I'm inspired. ;-) Usually I love your outfits but never wear anything like them (though I'd like to). This I can imagine wearing (mostly because I have the clothes for it!)

    heart:
    ME

    ReplyDelete
  15. The juxtaposition of florals is really fun! Annie.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The juxtaposition of florals is really fun! Annie.

    ReplyDelete