Green world

Whenever I don’t know what to wear, and whenever the weather is chilly, I seem to reach for this old sweater. I got it secondhand from a friend of my mother’s, and it was quite ugly but I loved it anyhow because of the pretty green color and the gold threads that were running through the knit. It had a very high round collar that didn’t allow the sweater to fall as lovely and square as it could, it kind of fell like a triangle :-D So I just cut it a new neckline, handstitched it in place et voila. No idea you could do that with a knit sweater but I’ve had it for 4 years and it still looks fine. I love it with short and tight stuff underneath and it always seems to guaranty an outfit that is both comfy/casual and stylish/sexy.

 sweater: secondhand
shorts: cutoffs from old jeans
boots: sacha
bracelet: COS

I’m trying to get all the wear I can out of these shorts and boots before spring doesn’t allow me to wear tights anymore, because I don’t see myself wearing these items without tights: those shorts are really short and tight and the boots… Well, I just prefer their look with tights underneath :-D
Hope you all have a great weekend!

6 comments

  1. Didn't know you could do that with knits either! I love the neckline now though.
    And those boots are killer! I need some tallies to add to my wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your sweater makes me miss my trusty old cold weather sweater! But I suppose it's okay, since it's 80degrees out and I would be crazy to wear it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd happily trade my weather for yours, amanda! :D

    lovecharlesvintage: I suppose you can't do it with any sort of knit, but if the knit is close enough it seems to work! thanks, those boots are my faves, I'll miss em this summer :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will definitely think twice before giving away my sweaters now, thanks for the link on Chictopia! I never would have guessed how this sweater looked before. Great cutoffs too, perfect length on you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes the link was very interesting!! :)

    Nice look Annebeth, but I think you are one of the best people I know at making shorts and tights work! :D

    Hope you break is going well. Ours has been manic, cooking and eating, I feel more like a beached whale everyday! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved these photos, it looks so fun! And the top looks really comfortable! And it has little sparkes so it doesn't look that casual!

    ReplyDelete