70's A line Mini

I have been stalking etsy for corduroy everything for a few weeks now, but nothing awesome yet inexpensive struck my fancy. I had this idea in my mind of a seventies type of skirt with buttons going down the front and an A-line shape, preferably mini-length. When etsy doesn't give me what I want, I go to Think Twice. God I have mentioned that store in my last three posts, I'm so boring! Anyway, I got this skirt there. It used to be just above kneelength so I just cut off a few inches and I love how it ended up looking! I don't think I'm going to hem it unless the fraying goes crazy, but I kinda like the messy look. Goes with my grainy pictures. Yeah, I'm going to act like that was an intentional hipster effect. FO SHO


When I put this outfit together I was thinking about a streetstyle look that made the rounds a few months ago, it was this gorgeous, clean faced, long haired asian woman in a suede patchwork mini skirt, bare legs, brogues and a retro kind of purse, but I can't find the picture :(

No, wait, I found it, yeay! Oh internet how I love thee



So yeah, this skirt got my crave going. My skirt isn't nearly as eye catching, but I really love the shape, fabric and buttons. I just added some color and print with my top and tights so I still think the outfit has the same vibe even if I didn't copy it all the way.

top: Forever 21
skirt: T2 vintage
socks, cardi: H&M
boots: ASOS

28 comments

  1. I love both your outfits! I never really got into 70s fashion that much, but I'm becoming more intrigued by it because I find a ton of it in the thrift stores when I'm out searching for vintage clothing! So this is very inspiring for me. I'm going to be on the look out for corduroy skirts now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!! You look so fantastic. The texture mixture is divine. Those tights are way too much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ik wil die cardigan! En al de rest eigenlijk ook :). Bij UO heb ik ook zo'n rok gezien, maar ik zag direct dat die rok en mijn heupen geen match made in heaven zou zijn dus heb ik zelfs niet de moeite gedaan ze te passen. Wil ik nu toch wel doen na het zien van deze look :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh I love the button up the front style skirt, so cute! And that super chunky sweater is amazing, I absolutely love the colour
    xJennaD

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the outfit! Echt super-super mooi!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This outfit is super cute! I've been wanting a corduroy skirt like that, but haven't found one. I love the one you're wearing paired with the patterned tights. The lace top looks really pretty with it too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooh, I want a corduroy skirt like that/I really wanted one last autumn. I suppose I still do. Anyway, you look great, and I'm quite disappointed in myself for not reading your blog (or any others) quite recently.

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. i have the same top, I just love when I see the same stuff on the internet. I actually bought it in Austria, but I live in Hungary, fuckyeah globalization :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the big cozy cardigan and the socks with your shoes :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Completely love the skirt and tights.

    C x
    http://memiorsofalittlethingcalledlife.blogspot.com/2011/10/black-out.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. yeah girl that skirt's cool, maybe add patches to it, or studs!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. SO CUTE! I love the boots! And the tights! Omg that patchwork skirt is so gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think I am in love with your shoes. They go great with this outfit. Also, the skirt is gorge!

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that skirt, what a great find!! :D :D I need one now ;)
    I also want to steal your tights and sweater :)
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. i loveee corduroy! and this length looks so great on you...agh i hate you for your legs. :) those tights are adorable and so autumnal too! love everything.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow this is a great find, I've been looking for stuff on ebay like this too, to no avail. Always love your outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great outfit! Your creations are not always my style to wear but this one, o my :) Great skirt, you've cut it off to the perfect length, me thinksss :) And the combination of the top and the colored leggings is sublime. You've outdone yourself in my opinion :-D

    ReplyDelete
  18. That patchwork skirt is pretty stellar, I can see why the outfit inspired. I really like your take on it, too. Those crazy tights really work here.

    ReplyDelete
  19. jaaa dat dacht ik ook meteen! thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  20. LOVE it! Het staat je ook erg leuk!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Absolutely adore the different textures that you have brought through here! Love love love! xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great look! Love this, really glad I found your blog!

    Margaux

    ReplyDelete
  23. i like your skirt.. :) and the shock is great.. :)

    Irene Wibowo

    ReplyDelete
  24. This outfit is awesome! I really like the textures and patterns and how it looks both cozy and cute.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Ik vind die rokjes echt heel mooi! Deze van jouw ook! Groetjes yana

    designthestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete