Ton Sur Ton Red Dr. Martens

dress, coat: H&M - scarf, tights: Pimkie - boots: Dr. Martens - sunglasses: ASOS


I don't wear these boots nearly enough, sadly. I'm just not a big wearer of red these days, and if you wear these with a super simple outfit in all neutrals, they just remind me of Ronald McDonald. And he's super creepy yo. Not even in a stylish way. But I really unexpectedly adored the docs with these burgundy tights. Ton sur ton YO. Almost always a good idea. Also, perfect for the holidays! I actually wore this to go shopping for Christmas presents, so yeah these pictures are quite old already but ya know sometimes that's just how things go, maaaan.

I'm watching The Sound of Music at the moment. I AM Maria. Probably my very favorite flick to watch during the holiday season, and I have quite a long list!  Not just family friendly entertainment like The Sound of Music though, I'm crazy about Bad Santa as well. I think I've seen it every year since it came out, and I never get tired of it. Also: Love Actually. I don't think Christmas counts if I haven't seen those three movies somewhere around the 25th.

Do you have favorite holiday movies? And what do you think of the ton sur ton action?


16 comments

  1. Hoewel ik geen fan ben van dr martens; het geeft wel een heel nieuwe dimensie aan het kleedje! & home alone (1,2,3,4) = my all time xmas movie for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh dr. Martens... Ik draag echt supergraag kanten kleedjes met mijn paars/rode dr. Martens onder. Ik zou het ook wel lastig vinden om deze te combineren, zo flashy! Maar as always gaat het je super goed af.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ik ben echt obsessed met Docs. Leuk met dat jurkje!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh . nu wil ik ook dr Martens shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ik ben normaal geen fan van dr. martens, maar ze staan u echt goed! En ik heb dat kleedje oooook! Maar bij u is het precies wat rozig? x

    ReplyDelete
  6. jij hebt een witte, de mijne is meer roomkleurig!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh man I love those red tights paired with your pretty lace dress! This has inspired me! Now I absolutely have to wear some red tights with my own lace dress in the very near future. Or else.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You totally rock the red tights and boots! They look fab combined with the cream dress and black coat! Really cool outfit! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't even know how old Ronald is. LOL! Love the red DM's!


    Happy New Year!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy 2013! May all your wishes come true :)

    xo

    Anastasia

    http://natbeesfashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this dress on you. I love how you took it from overly dressy to casual with the docs. :) I love the sound of music but I usually stop right after they sing the concert for the Nazis. I hate that jerk Rolfe for blowing the whistle on them. Glad you had a good holiday!

    ReplyDelete