Baboon and Chictopia Shop Review

coat: Ebay - boots, shaggy fur vest: Forever21 - baboon photoprint dress: via Chictopia Shop


I've been a fan of wicked photoreal print items since forever really, but apart from my atom bomb top I never acquired any photorealistic printed items. This gorgeous baboon dress was a welcome addition to my wardrobe! I don't just love the print, I also love the fit and how comfortable the fabric is, WINNER.

The baboon dress was a gift from Chictopia, who offered to let me pick out some stuff from their Chictopia shop in return for a review. I used to be a very frequent Chictopia blogger a few years ago before really kickstarting this blog into action. Chictopia was basically a social networking site for fashionbloggers back then, but it has come a long way since. I especially like their shop: it allows you to search for a certain garment in the style gallery (offering you inspiration on how to wear certain items) and immediately click through to the shop where you can buy similar items from a wide range of international sellers. COOL, right? The Chictopia shop has sellers ranging from vintage to indie designers to regular high street brands, so anyone is bound to find something to their liking.

My personal experience with shopping at Chictopia has been 50/50 by now. This baboon dress arrived right on time, with great shipping info from the seller. The second item I ordered however hasn't arrived yet, while I paid for it over a month ago. After messaging the seller (sheinside.com btw) about where my item was, they told me the item had gone out of stock. The seller had since ordered a new batch, but it would take more time for the item to reach me. When I demanded a faster shipping option (paid by them, of course) they did comply straight away. They also offered to refund the money, but I opted to wait a bit longer. Oh well, I'll let you know when the garment arrives? I guess one can suspect stories like these when ordering from Chinese stores such as Sheinside, but I've had nothing but rather good experiences before so I was still taken aback by it a bit.

***

I hope your Easter was lovely! I think Easter is a pretty random holiday, what with Jesus and bunnies and chocolate eggs and all, but it comes with a Monday home from work so I ain't complainin'.


6 comments

  1. Wow, that dress is awesome!! I'm also obsessed with that kind of print lately!
    itch-y.blogspot.be

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ik heb ook al ervaring met sheinside en dat duurt altijd eeuwen vooraleer het aankomt :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. heb er eerder ook al bij besteld, maar dit is toch wel extreem :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to say you really made it work, even with double fur which ain't easy at all! ..But to my eyes that dress is.. wow. I can't find different words than... creepy! :O
    (but still ok, and even fun!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had the same experience with Sheinside! Ordered something cool, was looking forward to getting it and like 3 weeks later they emailed me to say it went out of stock :-S Me no likey, that's toying with my sartorial feelings man!


    <3

    ReplyDelete