Diorskin Nude 010 Ivory Review and Contouring Update

I've been looking for a new foundation for a while now, and ever since I fell in love with the finish of Lancôme's Teint Miracle, I've wanted to invest in a high end product. I dropped by Ici Paris XL and brought home two little pots of sample product, the first of which I will be reviewing for you in this blogpost: Diorskin Nude.

I usually roll my eyes at the flawlessly-airbrushed-to-impossible-perfection campaign shots for beauty products, but Diorskin Nude is promoted by Natalie Portman. Aka one of the most gorgeous people on this planet. Also, I was completely head over heels with her performance as Nina in Black Swan, so even though I might not believe that campaign shots like these really mimic the true effect of the product, my sympathetic feelings towards Portman totally bled over into my positive prejudice with regards to Diorskin Nude.


The marketing, it worked.

Today, I'm reviewing Diorskin Nude in 010 Ivory. It was pretty much the lightest shade available (even though I am not that pale at the moment), and it is neutral toned leaning ever so slightly pink-peachy. As a heads up: the numbers ending in 0 are neutral toned, the 1s are yellow based, the 2s are pink, and the 3s are peachy. Diorskin Nude comes in a lot of different shades and undertones, so you're pretty likely to find one that matches your skin.

My skin has a few issues: most importantly, my face is a lot more red and blotchy as well as darker than the rest of my body. This actually makes it hard to match my foundation properly, because if I match it to my jawline, I will end up with a shade that is too dark and too pink to match my neck, chest and arms. This is problematic, since the main purpose of foundation is to even out your skin tone as well as making it match your neck and chest.

This means that I'm best off using a foundation that is slightly lighter and less pink toned than my face, and I usually match the colour to my chest (near my collarbone). The 010 Ivory shade worked quite nicely.

diorskin nude 010 ivory review
diorskin nude 010 ivory review
diorskin nude 010 ivory review


left: bare skin, right: nothing but Diorskin Nude

As you can see, Diorskin Nude 010 Ivory beautifully matches my face to my neck, and succeeds effortlessly in covering up my translucent, red skin and hyperpigmentation. I'd say this product is true medium coverage rather than light or full coverage, and Diorskin Nude leaves your face with a finish that is neither fully matte nor overly dewy: a sort of healthy inner glow that truly mimics a nude skin look.

 Of course, the full effect of this foundation is more apparent if you see it incorporated in a make up look. I did a very simple, fresh face of the day using my current favourite products.

Products used:
- Sleek Face Form kit in Light (contouring and highlighting powder)
- Gemey Maybelline Volum' Express mascara
- & Other Stories eyebrow powder "4"
- Mac lipstick in Velvet Teddy
- Park Avenue blush "01" 

diorskin nude 010 ivory review
diorskin nude 010 ivory review

I love this foundation. It makes my face look super healthy and even, without being cakey. It also does not emphasize wrinkles or dry patches. We MIGHT have a winner on our hands, here. I'm not even really deterred by the 49€ price tag, as I only buy a new tube of foundation about once or twice a year. That's not a ridiculous price for something that makes you look amazing every single day. I'm pretty sure I'm going to fork over my cash. Portman made me do it.

As an important aside - the finished make up look above shows off my updated contouring technique. I used to follow those instructions that tell you to make a straight line from your ears to the corners of your mouth, but it almost never looked quite right. Turns out, that technique actually works against my bone structure rather than with it. I found this awesome tutorial thingy on pinterest, with different ways of contouring that may or may not work for your particular face shape. The diamond graph seems to work best for me. Now, I make a curved shape that cups the apples of my cheeks. It makes a HUGE difference, perking up my face and making it appear younger.


make up contouring tutorial


Let me know what you think! Spitting image of Natalie Portman, don't deny it.

PS: I came in third at the Weekend Blog awards in the fashion subcategory and I am SO pleased! I never would have guessed I'd do so well, so I really want to thank you for voting for me, and the jury for giving me kudos! It really does motivate me to keep trying my best to provide quality content :) Love!

13 comments

  1. super terecht dus, die plek in de top drie van de weekend blog awards. en los van dat: jij bent echt mijn go-to source voor beauty advies. je foto's zijn echt weer top - pretty lady! moet mij toch eens over dat shaping gebeuren buigen binnenkort :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ♡ let me know als je vragen hebt! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally the spitting image of Portman. ;) That foundation is pretty amazing, though! I have the same issue with the skin on my face matching the rest of my body -- I have super pink cheeks and chin, plus my face doesn't tan as much as the rest of me. So it's always... fun... trying to find a good match. I've been coming back over and over to Revlon's foundation though (too lazy to look up which one; I think it's the Colorstay 24 hour foundation?) because it's just creamy enough to satisfy my dry skin, and covers quite nicely. And matches really well.
    xo
    Kristina
    www.eccentricowl.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, ziet er fantastisch goed uit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Het verschil is HUGE! Ik ben op zoek naar een nieuwe foundation dus deze lijkt mij enorm goed te zijn, alleen is het prijskaartje net iets te duur vrees ik. Helaas helaas. Misschien voor onder de kerstboom ;)
    En proficiat met je derde plaats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ik heb op dat vlak ook wel een "dankbare" huid omdat ik geen oneffenheden heb, maar wel vlekkerigheid die je makkelijk weg kunt werken. Als je een bleke huid heb kan ik je Max Factor en Bourjois aanraden voor goeie kwaliteit aan een lagere prijs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've heard amaaazing things about that foundation, but they don't sell it at many places here. i'd have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wauw, wat doet deze Diorskin Nude goed zijn werk, vrijwel alle roodheid is uit je gezicht verdwenen, iets waar ik ook veel last van heb. Ik gebruikte Estee Lauder Double Wear, maar ben na een paar nu echt toe aan iets anders. Ik ga vragen of Ici Paris zowel deze Diorskin Nude als de Clarins teint haute tenue wil opbrengen, daarna maak ik een keus. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Cint, blij dat je iets hebt aan deze review! ik heb na deze nog twee andere gereviewd, waaronder Chanel Vitalumière aqua en die is uiteindelijk mijn nieuwe foundation geworden omdat ik em zo mooi vond. In deze post zie je een vergelijking van alle gereviewde foundations, ik denk dat dat je ook zou kunnen helpen!
    http://stylingdutchman.blogspot.be/2014/11/chanel-vitalumiere-aqua-review.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ik had inderdaad je foto's bij de Chanel Vit.Aqua bekeken, maar viel als een blok voor je teint en dekking van Diorskin Nude :-) Daarbij heb ik grofe porien en ben ik 40+ dus het is uberhaupt afwachten wat beide producten doen op mijn huid. (dit vanwege een test make-up bij Douglas van een foundation in een doosje van Mac, die ging schilferen op mijn huid).

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ik vond het een erg moeilijke keuze tussen dior en chanel en kan ze zeker allebei aanraden, hopelijk vind je er een die perfect werkt voor jouw huid!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ja, dat zou fijn zijn. IK ben nu van alles aan het testen. En telkens op foto's, ondanks dat ik afpoeder, zie ik onder mijn ogen / halverwege mijn wangen een glimmende plek. Heel vervelend en niet mooi. Je hoort van mij wat het geworden is ;-)

    ReplyDelete