Hair Inspiration: Long Layers

I've been getting a lot of compliments on my hair lately (not bragging, it's true!), mostly because it's been getting very long and because length brings out the natural full, slightly wavy texture of my hair. I'm ready for a haircut, though, my layers have grown out and I've fallen head over heels for Keira Knightley's current hairstyle. She's been looking friggin amazing during her current press tour and she's giving me major hair-envy. I mean, just look at this babe. 

keira knightley long layer hairstyle

 Uhm, YES to whatever she's selling. I browsed the internet for some more long layer inspiration, and these are some of my favourites. I like my shortest layers in the front to be about chin length, because that's flattering and because that means you can still tuck your hair behind your ears. I've thought this through, yo.

long layers hair inspiration

Source: 1//2//3//4

Most of the time, this style is shown on wavy hair, but Jennifer Aniston's picture shows off this cut most clearly: light layers starting at chin length. Not too choppy, because that looks super dated to me. As much as I love Keira Knightley's hair, Jane Aldridge of Sea of Shoes is the uncrowned queen of the rockstar long layers. Check this girl out.

jane aldridge sea of shoes hair

jane aldridge sea of shoes hair


I don't know if I want my ends as feathered as hers, but she looks SO good. I always love her hair.
I know that long hair isn't "in" right now (it's allll about medium length hair), but my long locks make me very happy and I've learned from my mistakes, like cutting off my hair into a mega trendy lob (long bob) on a whim last year. Never again. From now on, I'm not making drastic decisions like that without letting it sit for a while. Look at me, ma, I have impulse control!

Do you have some hair inspiration or a future haircut you feel like sharing?

7 comments

  1. omg nadat je gecomment had dat ik op Jane was ik haar instagram foto's aan het bekijken en sommige opgeslagen voor als ik naar de kapper ga, wilde ook voor iets meer laagjes gaan! Maar mijn haar is redelijk flat en fijn dus ik weet het nog niet goed :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. ik heb ook fijn en plat (als het net gewassen is) haar, laagjes brengen juist body en leven! Ik heb nu ook al laagjes, hoor, maar ze zijn gewoon een beetje uitgegroeid. Ik zou zeker laagjes aanraden voor fijn haar!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am at a loss with my hair right now; growing out mistake bangs, growing out damage from bleaching, it's kind of a mess. I looove these inspiration pictures though, and you would look fantastic with these types of hairstyles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keira is kaal en met een vuilniszak aan nog steeds de perfectie zelve. Dat terzijde, is haar coupe momenteel weer super! Ik vind Jane haar onderste laag nogal hard uitgedund. Zelf zou ik ook wel zoiets willen laten knippen want die bovenste laag op kaakhoogte is echt super flatterend. Maar enkele jaren geleden heb ik echt een slechte ervaring gehad met laagjes laten knippen dussss ik blijf wat indecisive verder dromen over een perfecte coupe :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Laagjes zijn dan idd de beste oplossing. Mijn Favorieten zijn KK en Jane <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ik ga nu bij een meisje dat aan Academie Verbist gestudeerd heeft, ze stelt inderdaad heel veel vragen en doet niet zo maar iets. Dus wie weet zet ik mij wel over mijn angst heen. Langs de andere kant is mijn haar nu zo makkelijk en moet ik er niks tijd in steken. Eeuwige twijfelaar-syndroom op zijn best hier!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! Prachtig echt. Maar als ik dit zelf vraag bij de kapper, dan ziet mijn haar er gewoon flets en dun uit...

    ReplyDelete