Beauty: Bobbi Brown Illuminating Nudes White Sand review

Hi guys, today I'm showing you a product from Bobbi Brown's new Illuminating Nudes collection: sparkle eyeshadow in White Sand. I was very excited to try it out because it's the first Bobbi Brown product I've tried, and the brand is a beauty blogger favourite. Read on to see if my expectations were met! 

Bobbi Brown sparkle eyeshadow in white sand: swatches and review

The Illuminating Nudes collection is all about soft, natural shades that brighten up your face without overpowering your features. I've been seeing a lot of natural, sheer make up looks for Spring 2015, so one of the trends for this season definitely seems to be a return to a bare faced look. I'm not sure how I feel about that yet, with my colouring (pale skin with quite some redness, very dark hair) I feel washed out when I'm not adding some contrast to my face. I'm better at rocking the au naturel look when I'm sunkissed. But your mileage may vary.

Bobbi Brown sparkle eyeshadow in white sand: swatches and review

And here is Bobbi Brown's sparkle eyeshadow in White Sand. BB's Sparkle Eyeshadows are all about light, sheer application, and a unique shine that comes from a mix of shimmering pearl and fine sparkle. Excuse the smudged product - I couldn't contain myself to swatch it before taking some pictures. Either way, you can see the most important things: sleek packaging, and a beautiful, champagne colour.

Bobbi Brown sparkle eyeshadow in white sand: swatches and review

Swatched, the product looks very similar to Dior's Fusion Mono in 621 Mirror: a sheer wash of shimmer that can be worn subtly on its own, or as a top layer over another colour. White sand is more cool toned than Mirror, and I find the product harder to work with: Mirror basically feels like a pillowy mousse, while White Sand is a dense powder. I prefer Mirror's consistency, White Sand applies too sheer for me and requires more work. This is as much as I can build it, by the way, while Mirror is more buildable.

Bobbi Brown sparkle eyeshadow in white sand: swatches and review
Bobbi Brown sparkle eyeshadow in white sand: swatches and review

And this is what it looks like on the eye. I do appreciate how subtle the sparkle is - if there ever was a classy glitter, this is what it would look like. From afar, it almost gives the eye a wearable, non-sticky wetlook.

All in all, it's a lovely product if you like working with neutrals, but I'm curious to see what else Bobbi Brown has to offer, since this eyeshadow doesn't bowl me over. Now, this Bobbi Brown Lilac Eyeshadow however? Love at first sight. 

Here are some more pictures of my mug because my make up and hair were on point.

Bobbi Brown sparkle eyeshadow in white sand: swatches and review
wearing my gorgeous new c/o Daniel Wellington watch - in love

Bobbi Brown sparkle eyeshadow in white sand: swatches and review
Bobbi Brown sparkle eyeshadow in white sand: swatches and review

Wearing: 
- Maybelline Volum' Express mascara
- Catrice Ultra Fine Ink eyeliner
- Bobbi Brown sparkle eyeshadow in White Sand

God, I'm so high maintenance.

The Illuminating Nudes collection is sold at Bobbi Brown Brussels, Smets Brussels, Parfuma Antwerp and Parfuma Wijnegem. The sparkle eyeshadow retails at 31.50€.
What do you think? Are you liking the look of Bobbi Brown's White Sand sparkle eyeshadow?

4 comments

  1. This subtle sparkle is really pretty on you. The shadow is a bit more sheer than I usually like mine but it still gives a gorgeous effect. I definitely agree that your hair and makeup were on point in that picture! They usually are though.


    Jamie | www.petitepanoply.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know some really special ppl born this month. I hope you have a great month. coupon store offer codes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you please come and do my make up every day?! Yours always looks so good and suits you perfectly - I can never do that! Love the sparkle of this, just subtle enough for the day time I think.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Bobbi Brown's shimmer sparkles.. I currently have two (Cement & Sunlight) and I have a third one in mind :) I like that you're wearing it as a wash. I do too! It has something magical to it, right?

    ReplyDelete