Outfit: 60s retro in pink coat, polkadots and overknee boots

Outfit: 60s retro in pink coat, polkadots and overknee boots


Outfit: 60s retro in pink coat, polkadots and overknee boots
Outfit: 60s retro in polkadots, mini skirt and overknee boots
Outfit: 60s retro in polkadots, mini skirt and beret
polkadot top, oversized scarf, burgundy Cluse watch
Outfit: 60s retro in pink coat, polkadots and overknee boots
 coat: c/o Chicnova - scarf: Pimkie - polkadot top: Forever21 - skirt: Mango - overknee boots: Torfs - rings: Diamanti Per Tutti - watch: c/o Cluse

Hi guys! The end of the year is creeping closer slowly, and I'm still at home enjoying my holiday break. On the menu: bingewatching Once Upon a Time (anyone got any similar recommendations for similar series?), reading with one of my cats sniffling by my side (Tana French's The Likeness - the cat's got a cold), and getting in some shopping. Yesterday we went out for a proper day of winding in and out of stores, something I haven't done in ages. I used to love going shopping for an entire day with my parents or one of my girlfriends, but having a job and shopping online has changed all that. These days, I generally just pop into a store if I need something, during a lunchbreak. But as tiring as it can get after a few hours on your feet, I really enjoyed checking out the shops arm in arm with my man. 

And it was a fruitful trip, too: I managed to fill some blank spaces in my wardrobe with items I'm sure I will get years of enjoyment out of. A great new coat and a glorious pair of thigh high boots that will make an appearance on the blog soon, but most importantly (my nearest and dearest will get that inside joke): a wallet. I had been walking around with an old Misfits wallet since my brother got it for me as a 16th birthday present, and I couldn't bring myself to part with it, despite the pitying looks people would throw me whenever I pulled it out. Not just because of the Fiend, although I must admit I got a kick out of using such a "juvenile" wallet as a grown up with a job and all that, but also because it had slowly but surely been falling apart for the past couple of years. Last week, one of the snap fasteners tore off, which finally pushed me over the edge to buy a proper adult wallet. I settled on this golden beauty from & Other Stories, my favourite destination for accessories like bags and jewelry. It's pretty and big + organized enough to hold all of my crap, so I'm super happy. Feels like a bit of a milestone to change wallets after over ten years with the old one, but milestones can be good. Like 2016 looming around the corner - HA, see how I went full circle there! Masterful storytelling, man.

The outfit is a cute little 60s inspired look I put together, very much my style and a great way to make knee highs/overknees appropriate for the office, because the rest of the outfit is on the cuter side. Cheers!

No comments