Beauty: Urban Decay Vice Lipstick Review - Disturbed and Pandemonium

Urban Decay Vice lipstick review

Although my two weeks in Japan were amazing and I wouldn't trade them for anything (except three weeks in Japan), I did miss one awesome thing while I was away: the Urban Decay Vice lipstick launch. Urban Decay added a whopping 120 new lipstick shades in varying finishes to their permanent collection (some of which will only be available on line). Ex-Girlfriend, the most popular shade from the Gwen Stefani lipstick collab, has also been added to the permanent range, yay!! I didn't get to attend the party but I sent my equally UD obsessed sister, and she brought two lipsticks home for me which I will be reviewing for you today: meet Disturbed and Pandemonium.

Urban Decay Vice lipstick review

First of all, check out those gorgeous UD Vice tubes! Like a muted rosey steel with the typical hammered metal type of look of the UD lipstick tubes, so pretty.

Urban Decay Vice Disturbed and Pandemonium lipstick review
Urban Decay Vice Disturbed and Pandemonium lipstick review

Disturbed and Pandemonium are both statement colours, shades I wouldn't reach for every day, but they are stunning additions to my lippie collection nonetheless. Disturbed is a rosey burgundy/dark brick red, Pandemonium is a neon purple that can read pink or even blue depending on the light. I like that these are two different matte formulas, and you definitely notice a difference: while Comfort Matte Disturbed applies smoothly and creamy, opaque in one go, Mega Matte Pandemonium requires a bit more work and pulls on the lips more if you apply it. Let's see how these do on the lips.

Urban Decay Vice Disturbed lipstick review

Disturbed is gorgeous, with a velvety lustre, but I feel like it does need a lipliner to look neat because it's a bit more creamy and more prone to settling into the lines along your lips. The wear is decent, but with a statement colour like this you still want to reapply and clean up your lip after a drink or a meal. This shade is very similar to MAC Diva, WetnWild Cherry Bomb and  L'Oreal collection exclusive Laetitia's Pure Red, but a tiny bit darker than all three.

Urban Decay Vice Pandemonium lipstick review

Pandemonium applies much neater, this one can look perfect with just a lip brush or a steady hand. Again, this sort of look needs to be immaculate so I'd still touch up after having a snack, but you definitely notice the mega matte clinging to your lips more, being more smudge-resistant. Truly amazing shade, I definitely want to find more occasions to wear it out.

Urban Decay Vice lipstick review

The Urban Decay Vice lipsticks are sold at Ici Paris XL UD counters and online, setting you back €19,50. UD also offers 50 matching lipliners to make your lip colour crisp and long lasting, and those are about the same price at €20,40. Do you have your eye on any of the Vice shades?

No comments