Wishlist: ruffled blouses

Wishlist: ruffled blouses
something interesting is going on to the left of the picture frame :/

Quick post tonight! As you can see in these two outfit pictures, I have completely and utterly failed at keeping my recently discovered love for ruffled blouses a secret. I mean, not that I have really been trying. What would be the point in that anyway? It's not like an unabashed obsession with ruffled blouses is anything to be ashamed of... RIGHT? I mean, ruffles often get a bad rap for being too girly, too cute, too twee.

And I get why people recoil from ruffles an pastels - I've been annoyed at "female" being equated to "childish" too. I mean, how many dudes do you see rocking styles that reference toddlers? Do you see guys wearing ruffles and onesies and pastels and bows and bloomers? I think not. But I feel like there is a particular type of strength in embracing unapologetically feminine style and relishing in it, having fun with fashion even if it's a bit ridiculous. Let's face it, I'm never going to be the type of person why dresses purely functional, and I don't see why I should.

Ruffled blouses go with ANYTHING and are just the right amount of cute and crazy, making this hands down my favourite spring/summer 2017 trend.

I did a little round up of affordable options for you guys if you want to give the look a try ;-)

Wishlist: ruffled blouses

I've got number 5 on my wishlist, pretty much the perfect ruffled blouse - although I also like the sheer polkadotted fabric on number 4. A bit sexier and more "evening" than the other options. Which is your fav? Or do you HATE ruffled blouses? If you do, here is some inspiration on how to rock the look.

Wishlist: ruffled blouses
source clockwise starting from top left: 1 2 3 4

Feeling inspired? ;-)

No comments