Beauty: Kat Von D Lolita review

Beauty: Kat Von D Lolita review

Hi babes! Today I'm reviewing a cult favourite beauty product that I picked up during our weekend in Paris: the Kat Von D liquid lipstick in Lolita (Lolita I). Let's take a look.

I can't even remember the first time I read about Lolita - it's definitely one of those shades that beautybloggers keep trying to find perfect dupes for, since it's a My Lips But Better shade that suits a lot of skintones, In addition, Kat Von D's liquids are known for how light and comfortable they are on the lips. Honestly, I wasn't fully convinced of the wonder of liquid lipsticks until I dipped my toe in the high(er) end market, with Lime Crime and Kylie Cosmetics, and I haven't looked back since. I'm most definitely not a snob, but if I can keep my lips feeling soft and non-crumbly, I'd happily pay the extra €15. 

Beauty: Kat Von D Lolita review

Kat Von D's liquids have packaging very similar to Kylie Cosmetics, with a very thin, long tube and a small doe-foot applicator. The formula feels creamier than Kylie's, which has an oily feel to it. The detailing on the tube is a bit goth for me with the silver/black roses, not my aesthetic, but I don't buy my cosmetics for their pretty packaging. I buy them for their superior performance. And does Lolita live up to its reputation? I'm happy to say that it does.

Beauty: Kat Von D Lolita review
Beauty: Kat Von D Lolita review

Lolita is THE perfect deep, terracotta leaning rosey brown that goes with any type of outfit and any type of makeup look. The formula goes on thin and needs a bit of layering here and there to get a perfectly even result, but it layers effortlessly and never feels heavy or dry. The lipstick feels weightless, actually. It does wear off quite easily after eating a meal, faster than my Kylie or Limecrime liquids. But since it's a nude on me it doesn't "show" its wear as quickly, and like I said: it layers like a dream, so reapplication is easy.

This shade is pretttty much the ideal product to try some overlining, because the colour is so natural, the doefoot applicator allows for precision, and the matte finish doesn't draw the eye to the natural rim of your lips. As a result, my lips look lush and full whenever I wear Lolita, and that's always a good thing.

Beauty: Kat Von D Lolita review

Summing up, Lolita is a fan favourite for a reason. Incredibly comfortable, gorgeous colour, easy to apply and wear. Only negative is that as of yet, it is not available in Belgium. You can however order it from sephora.fr, or el corte ingles. And that now I want her other shades as well (A-go-go is calling my name). Thumbs up!

No comments